The little land mark stone church, St. Oswald's, on State Highway 1 was severely damaged in the Kaikoura Earthquake.
St. Oswald's Memorial Church was built in 1927 in memory of Charles Hector Heaton Murray by his parents, then gifted to the Nelson Anglican Diocese. Following the Canterbury Earthquakes of 2010/2011 most stone structures built before 1930 throughout the NZ Anglican Diocese became unviable to insure for earthquake damage.
As a result of the November 14, 2016 Kaikoura Earthquake this landmark building suffered significant damage.
For more information, and updates on our situation, please visit our Facebook page;
Funds raised will be used to repair the church to its former glory.
St. Oswalds Memorial church is an Anglican Presbyterian Joint Venture
Email your friends & family×
Report this page×
Donor Confidence Key
Givealittle values the importance of an informed decision when making a donation. We check to make sure that adequate information is provided to donors and that pages comply with our terms and conditions. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
A page becomes donor validated when it receives donations from at least three different sources. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
New Zealand registered charity
Is registered with the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA), Charity Services (formerly Charities Commission) as a charity.
Tax credit eligibility
Has been granted 'donee status' by Inland Revenue (IRD). Donors to a page with tax credit eligibility may be able to apply for a tax credit.×