We are quite simply a match-making service, matching those in need with those who have more to share.Nationwide
The Kindness Collective is a New Zealand Charity and a Community Resource Network with a large group of people choosing to make kindness a priority.
We are unique, there’s no other charity organisation like us! We are quite simply a match-making service, matching those in need with those who have more to share.
The Collective works with numerous charities, schools, community groups, and social agencies by meeting needs in the community with resources, tools, time and money. We are unique because we don’t just focus on meeting one need with one solution. We focus on serving the whole community with kindness as our solution
Sometimes kindness might look like building a sandpit for children with disabilities, or making over a community space. Other times it might look like providing Christmas presents for 1,000 children or delivering food parcels to families in need within a Women’s Refuge community.
There are 27,800 other charities all seeking to fill needs in New Zealand. We are different, that’s the point.
To learn more, donate or volunteer your time, head to www.kindness.co.nz
More about us
The Kindness Collective is a community resource network and a registered New Zealand Charity, with a large group of people choosing to make kindness a priority!
Other page links
May Update! 6 June 2021
Kia ora kindness crew! 👊🏼
May was another busy month with lots of amazing donations from kind people and businesses coming in which helped us bring kindness to kiwis doing it tough in our community.
👇🏼 Here’s what you did to spread kindness in your community this month!👇🏼
1.Contributed $500 to The Period Place’s Funding Network crowd funding campaign.
2.Contributed $200 to Koha Apparel’s expansion crowdfunding campaign.
3.Received and donated $12,500 worth of beautiful soaps and hand sanitisers from Manukarx which went to Mummys in Need, Taonga Education Trust, MDM Women’s Refuge and Give a kid a Blanket.
4.Purchased 4 boxes of Tegel whole chickens for Kai Avondale.
5.Received and donated 40 beautiful gift baskets for Mother’s Day from Richie & Co to mothers in the MDM Women’s Refuge.
6.Received and donated 150 kiwi soft toys to children in the MDM Womens’ Refuge thanks to Air New Zealand.
7.Received and donated 2 x 50 inch TVs, 10 x bags of beautiful clothes, 4 x cots, 2 x beds, 2 x dining suites, baby items and blankets and hats to MDM Women’s Refuge network and Mummys in Need.
8.Received and donated 30 packets of nappies to MDM Womens’ Refuge.
9. Received and donated 40 boxes of Only Organic food items to MDM Women’s Refuge.
10.Purchased 40 pairs of brand new PJs from The Warehouse with a generous discount for children in Nga Taonga Aroha ECE Centre.
11. Purchased and donated 7 boxes of Tegal Sausages to MDM Women’s Refuge and Kai Avondale.
12.Received and donated 3 boxes of sausages to Kai Avondale from Aussie Butcher New Lynn.
13.Donated to a Give a Little campaign for a child fundraising for specialist equipment for disability.
14.$40 Petrol vouchers donated and given to Give a Kid a Blanket.
15. Contributed to dessert for 300 Pax for Potluck Communal Kai, run by GaKaB for the Ranui Community, with enough cupcakes and slices left over to donate to MDM Women’s Refuge.
16. Donated $250 worth of toiletries to Kai Avondale’s Free Guys.
17. Contributed $443 worth of groceries to Act of Kindness’s refugee food parcel drive.
18. Received and donated 2.5 PALLETS of chicken products from Tegel for MDM Women’s Refuge, Hope Centre Food Bank and Give a Kid a Blanket. Over 1500 meals to people who need them.
19. Purchased a new microwave from The Warehouse for Nga Taonga Aroha staff.
20. Raised and donated $1200 worth of Superhero Cape Kits for New Plymouth Hospital kids.
21. Raised and donated $1,102 worth of LEGO with a generous discount from The Warehouse for children in Starship Hospital.
22. Donated $240 to Kai Avondale’s Breakfast Club network, a monthly sponsorship.
That’s a total of $36,016.56 invested into the community, not including any pre-loved goods donated or any volunteer hours (baking and volunteering!).
Thank you so much to everyone who made this happen. We couldn’t do ANY of this without you and appreciate your efforts, time, and contributions so much. ❤️
Sarah, Lorren, Sam, Kanoa, Matt, and Dayne, AKA the KC Board x