Help us make New Zealand the kindest place on the planet by delivering 100 Acts of Kindness.
Kindness. It's just about the only thing in the world that doubles when you share it.
Kindness isn’t just a buzz word for us. We’ve been putting kindness into action locally since 2014 and have invested over $521,000 worth of practical, tangible acts of kindness into communities and now we want to take it one step further.
We want to build a kinder New Zealand. The kind of New Zealand where everyone thrives. So we’re taking kindness on the road to deliver a tour of #100ActsofKindness right across the country!
What does practical kindness look like?
• Working bees to beautify community spaces in neighbourhoods that need care and connection.
• Buying warm winter PJs for children in low decile schools and early childhood education centres.
• Supporting whānau in need with groceries, fill up community supermarkets and food pantries.
• Bringing Christmas kindness to life for thousands of families with presents and food for Christmas Day.
• Building community book libraries and filling them up with new, beautiful books.
• Providing 'wishes' for children with illness, disabilities and under Social Services.
• Building community gardens for families to have access to both fresh, quality food.
• Supporting sports clubs with gear and uniforms in communities that don’t have access to them.
• Providing children with sports, dance and music classes who couldn’t otherwise afford it.
• Building outdoor play equipment for children with disabilities in special education schools.
• Making over Women’s Refuge safe houses and gardens.
• Supporting low-decile schools and ECE Centres with school trips for education and entertainment.
We'll be coordinating practical acts of kindness all over the country from 1st September. Our teams are ready to go in Auckland, Hamilton, Taupō, Wellington, Invercargill, Christchurch, Dunedin and everywhere in between!
We know that being on the receiving end of an act of kindness provides moments of joy, connection and ultimately provides people moments of hope. We also know just how rough 2020 was for a lot of people in New Zealand and kindness is needed more than ever, so we want to remind the nation that a little bit of kindness goes a really long way.
Head to kindness.co.nz to learn more about us, donate generously and help us make New Zealand the kindest place on the planet. 🌏 ❤️
The Kindness Collective is a charity on a mission to bring kindness to every kiwi. Check out our website for more info on who we are and what we do! www.kindness.co.nz
Your donations will go directly to kiwis in need. Check out some of our impact via our last year's impact report: https://www.kindness.co.nz/news/news/impact-report
Well, that's almost a wrap! 17 August 2021
It's been an incredible 2 weeks full of so much support and so much kindness.
We are really grateful for every donation, every share, every comment of support and all the wonderful articles, interviews and media personalities who have helped share our story along the way. You can read / listen to them all at www.kindness.co.nz/media
We've raised $53,874.00 in 2 weeks and for a little charity, that's pretty bloody epic so thank you so much. The link is still open till midnight tonight, so if you know someone who hasn't donated yet, share the link with them!
Now comes the real mahi. Follow us as we complete as many acts of kindness as we can, some big, some small, all important and impactful. We're going to need some help along the way but we won't stop until the whole of Aotearoa is one big collective of kindness.
Follow us on our website: www.kindness.co.nz
Facebook & Instagram: @kindnesscollectivefoundation
If you want to get in touch, our email is firstname.lastname@example.org 💜🌏