We turn every $50 into $200 for small charities. We run programmes to build the capacity of charities and grow the generosity of the public.
You’ll often find us behind the scenes freely giving our superpower fundraising skills to help Kiwi charities make a massive impact.
The Funding Network NZ is a small Kiwi charity quietly achieving what so many long to do… magically turn every $100 of donations to us into $400 for other local Kiwi charities to do their great mahi. We think that's something worth shouting about!
Since 2014, we have supported 35 Kiwi charities to raise $525,000 and access $50,000 of expertise at no cost to them. In 2021, for a grand total expenditure of $30,000, The Funding Network will support nine charities to raise around $150,000 as well as gain the skills to continue raising additional funds well into the future.
So, how do we do it?
1. We select three great charities for each event
2. We work hard to partner with charitable foundations who provide match funding
3. We then run workshops on how to structure and deliver an online crowdfunding campaign
4. Each charity presenter is linked with a professional pitch coach to get their pitch just right
5. We launch the crowdfunding campaign through a big Facebook live event
6. We support the charities to grow their giving community and hit their fundraising targets
7. Charities are able able to fundraise into the future
Put on your mask and cape - we need you.
Superheroes always need a sidekick, the real powerhouse fuelling the mission. In order to support local, grassroots Kiwi charities to fundraise, we need to cover our own costs. We are a lean organisation with no office space and low overheads.
We are asking 100 friends, those not afraid of wearing a shiny cape and lycra tights, to set-up a regular monthly donation. Whether this is the price of a coffee, a beer or a pizza or a full blown, slap-up meal, we would love you to support us to support the charities working everyday to make New Zealand a better place to live for all of us.
The Funding Network NZ (TFN) promotes access to connections and resources for the grass-roots charities to thrive. We do this by delivering collective giving experiences, which help New Zealanders do more good together.