Let’s smash period stigma through a physical space dedicated to periods with education, access to products, and resources.
Help us bring The Period Place to life!
We're crowdfunding to bring The Period Place to life - an actual, physical space that you can visit to talk about periods, learn about periods, and buy reusable period products!
Every donation you make between 4 May - 18 May in our crowdfunding campaign will have your name on the wall in our new home. Everyone who supports us financially deserves to be with us physically in this new space as we serve this kaupapa.
Our mission is to make Aotearoa the first country to achieve period equity (by 2030) and to do this we have identified the need to create a multipurpose safe space for people with periods and those who support them.
Aotearoa needs an inclusive space to:
- Facilitate holistic discussions between experts and the public (periods and gender, periods and nutrition, periods in the workplace, etc) through our 12-month period education programme
- Provide resources for people to further the period learning journey such as books, brochures, games, and learning tools
- Host The Period Place team and volunteer day-to-day operations, including a single distribution hub to send period products all around the country
- Ensure immediate access is available to free period products and education for people who need them, in three-month supply kits
- Host a marketplace with reusable period products from brands around Aotearoa, bringing the first permanent reusable marketplace to life, ensuring people can come and learn about reusable period products in a safe space, and feel the product ranges before investing in them
- Host exciting collaborations with industry partners, opening up the space to new networks constantly who can support our mahi, and also access our support.
Since 2017, we've distributed over 350,000 disposable and thousands of reusable period products have been delivered to people nationwide. Tens of thousands of period education brochures have been distributed through food banks, marae services, health clinics, hospitals and events. We've had incredible, vulnerable conversations with thousands of people across public spaces - on couches, in libraries, and across tables in cafes.
It's time now to show everyone in Aotearoa who gets a period how many people see their needs, and want to support them. Let's get doanting.
The Period Place is the largest menstrual justice charity in Aotearoa, working towards period equity.
We do this through advocacy, outreach, education, promotion and our nationwide period product donation programme.
The Period Place is uniquely suited in Aotearoa to carry out our mahi under our three foundational pillars: conversation, education and access.
Support us to help us eliminate period stigma, provide education, and disposable and reuseable period products nationwide.
We are crowdfunding to bring The Period Place to life in Onehunga - an actual, physical space that you can visit to talk about periods, learn about periods, access free period products and buy reusable period products!
Have your say! 3 June 2021
We crowdfunded over $21,000 to bring The Period Place to life, all thanks to you! Now for the fun part- we get to create a beautiful and inclusive space for people across Aotearoa to engage with periods. We'd love your input as to how we can make this the best community hub for you and your whānau. Have your say here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YF2H6CJ
Thank you Eco Society! Lucky last donation, but appreciated so much!
Thank you, Tara! Follow the progress on social media @theperiodplace
Thank you so much for your generosity, Amy! We will be in touch!
Thankyou Campbell! Keep up with the progress on social media @theperiodplace!
Absolutely! Taking the world by storm! Thanks so much Team Nest!