NZCR relies entirely on donations in order to help save the lives of Chihuahuas and Chihuahua crosses throughout New Zealand
WHO WE ARE:
New Zealand Chihuahua Rescue ("NZCR") is a registered charitable trust, run by volunteers.
We rely entirely upon donations and fundraising to rescue chihuahuas (and chihuahua crosses, together with other small breeds) from situations of neglect and abuse. We also take in dogs that are surrendered to the Trust, unclaimed at the Pound, or otherwise requiring a new home.
FUNDS DONATED WILL BE USED TO:
- Transport dogs in need of rescue/re-homing from their locations to our base in Christchurch, or to knowledgeable foster carers throughout New Zealand.
- Provide necessary medical care for dogs in the care of the Trust.
- Provide vaccinations, flea and worming treatments to dogs in the care of the Trust.
- Pay for spaying and neutering costs.
- Fund medications required by dogs in the care of the Trust.
- Purchase crates, bedding, toys and other disposables for dogs in the care of the Trust.
- Pay for any other items required to benefit Chihuahuas in the care of the Trust, as required.
- To rescue Chihuahuas from situations of neglect and abuse and place them in suitable foster care arrangements and/or permanent homes.
- To collect and re-home Chihuahuas which are unclaimed and due to be euthanized from Council Pounds in the areas in which the Trust is operating.
- To provide facilities and resources to assist in the control of the population of unwanted Chihuahuas by de-sexing those placed in the Trust’s care.
- To raise funds for to benefit of Chihuahuas in the care of the Trust, as required.
- To prevent, by education or other means, irresponsible breeding and ownership of the breed and educate the public as to how the breed should be best cared for, so that there are less Chihuahuas surrendered to be re-homed
New Zealand Chihuahua Rescue ("NZCR") is a registered Charitable Trust (CC55119) founded in 2017 after a need for a rescue dedicated specifically to the re-homing of Chihuahuas (and Chihuahua crosses) was identified. Based in Christchurch, NZCR operate throughout the entirety of New Zealand.
Our Trustees work with a team of wonderful foster carers to facilitate the aims of the Trust. We are happy to assist private owners with finding new homes for their dogs and those feeling overwhelmed with the amount of Chihuahuas they have. We also offer private assistance to Breeders who wish to re-home their ex-breeding dogs or senior dogs, into happy retirement homes. We even take in those dogs who appear absolutely feral initially and work with them to rehabilitate and prepare them for their new forever home, together with receiving in strays and Pound dogs.
Got a question?Ask one here.
Donor Confidence Key
Givealittle values the importance of an informed decision when making a donation. We check to make sure that adequate information is provided to donors and that pages comply with our terms and conditions. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
A page becomes donor validated when it receives donations from at least three different sources. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
New Zealand registered charity
Is registered with the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA), Charity Services (formerly Charities Commission) as a charity.
Tax credit eligibility
Has been granted 'donee status' by Inland Revenue (IRD). Donors to a page with tax credit eligibility may be able to apply for a tax credit.×