The Tauranga Firefighters are putting their fitness to the test to fundraise for their friends and colleagues. First responders and NZDF!
Tauranga, Bay Of Plenty
You could be watching the birth of the greatest sporting event of the century.
The "Tauranga Firefighters Inter Station Relations" is the culmination of 15 minutes of planning and countless beverage fueled conversations about how the Firefighters of Tauranga could strengthen their bonds with each other whilst also keeping fit and raising much needed funds for a brilliant charity that is close to their hearts, Te Kiwi Māia.
Dunnie, Ashley, Derryn & Andrew have asked us to set up this page for them so they can raise funds for us!
Isn't that awesome?
"Te Kiwi Māia provides rehabilitation, recovery and respite to our people, who – as a result of their role in safeguarding and caring for New Zealanders – have physical or psychological injuries. Te Kiwi Māia enable our people and their families to continue healthy, positive lives."
They will be asking friends, family and total strangers to please give what they can to support this very important and sadly all too vital charity. But we know nothing should come for free, so to earn that hard earned coin they will be completing a marathon on the 28th of November by any means possible.
Some will run, some will bike, some may skateboard, some will cry and a lot may eventually crawl but we all will complete a 42km course between Greerton, Tauranga and Mount Maunganui Fire stations to push ourselves and support the incredible humans doing fantastic things for our defence force and first responder whanau.
Please if you can donate what you can to our fundraising for Te Kiwi Māia......and maybe come along for some beers and blister popping after the event
Providing rehabilitation, recovery and respite to our people, who - as a result of their role in safeguarding and caring for New Zealanders - have physical or psychological injuries.
Funds will go towards Te Kiwi Māia and the great work we do for our first responders and NZDF personnel. Thanks team!
2023 Te Kiwi Māia in review 30 December 2023
Wow what a year! looking back we were able to accomplish a lot.
- ran three wellness leaders workshops,
- ran one wellness week for 12 first responders,
- were the chosen charity for the PBI 61st NZ Firefighters National Golf Tournament - Thanks team!!
- were a chosen charity in Celebrity Treasure Island - Thanks Wardie!
- spoke at camps, bases, stations, conferences and functions across New Zealand
- supported the inaugural Inter-Stations Relations fundraising event thanks to the Tauranga Fire Fighters - Thanks team!!
- were selected for four Z Stations for their Good in the Hood campaign
- applied for a a handful of grants and
- got another year of sponsorship from Giltrap for our cars - Thanks Giltrap!
Bring on 2024! Thanks for all your support.
Amazing, thank you Janet! :)
Thanks for your support Emily :)
Thanks Donna. Dunnie did great, didn't he!?
Thank you Bruce & Jo :)