All Givealittle Pages are reviewed by our Customer Care team to be sure it meets our Terms. The moderation process may include checks on:
- The identities of the Page Owner, Payees and Beneficiary;
- Verifiable data, i.e. Donee tax status, Charities Register, Ministry of Education database;
- Good taste, decency and acceptable Content;
- Clearly stated and legal intentions for funds raised;
- Any graphic content or profanity;
- Respect for third party rights and privacy;
- Compliance with the Terms, Content Management Policy and Code of Conduct; and
- Beneficiary Consent.
We try to complete the moderation process within three business days of the creation of the Givealittle Page, however, this is dependent on the nature of the Content and ease of communication with the Page Owner.
A notice is displayed on a page until the page is moderated and the page may still receive donations during moderation. The page will not be publicly searchable until it has been moderated and donor validated.
I'm a page owner - how can I help with moderation?
Be thoughtful when creating your page and consider the eight items above as well as our Code of Conduct.
We might also ask you about:
- If the payee is the most appropriate person
- If you have permission from the beneficiary for the page
- If someone has had an accident or has passed then we might need to double-check who the funds should be paid to, or have questions about ACC coverage
- If the page is raising money for a charity then we'll check it's the most appropriate page type and if the funds should be paid direct to the charity or that they are aware of your fundraising
- Givealittle is a public platform and Google has a long memory. We might double-check that certain personal info should be shared with the world
- If the page is fundraising to pay a bill then we may ask you to send us a copy of it
If your page is still not moderated after three days then check your email (including the spam folder!) in case we've tried to make contact with you. Otherwise, contact us (be sure to tell us the URL of your page)